About the APC
The Nottinghamshire Area Prescribing Committee (NAPC) establishes a collaborative strategy for ensuring the consistent high quality and cost effective use of medicines across the Nottinghamshire Health Community.
The core functions of the Area Prescribing Committee are:-
- Assessment of clinical & cost effectiveness (including affordability) of medicines prescribed at the interface.
- Development & maintenance of a joint formulary.
- Classification of medicines under the traffic light list.
- Development and approval of shared care guidelines.
- Development and approval of prescribing guidelines.
NAPC is an advisory committee to NHS Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Integrated Care Board (ICB), Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust, Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, and other providers commissioned to provide NHS services by any of these organisations.
The NAPC is committed to improving engagement with its stakeholders and clinicians.
Please click here if you would like to be consulted as a stakeholder when NAPC undertakes a consultation process for documents.
Please click here if you are a clinician and would like to make a submission to the Nottinghamshire Joint Formulary.
Future Meeting Dates
APC Action Plan
No files exist in folder
- APC work programme April 2023 (113 kb)
Apply for a medicine to be classified under the traffic light list here.
- Framework for Managing Medicines across the Nottinghamshire Health Community (654 kb) Review date: August 2022
- APC Terms of Reference (132 kb) Review date: August 2024
- Prescribing Policy (256 kb) Review date: March 2024
- Prescribing of medicines by specialists and GPs - Patient information leaflet (1394 kb)
Private / Out of Area interface prescribing guidance