About the APC
The Nottinghamshire Area Prescribing Committee (NAPC) establishes a collaborative strategy for ensuring the consistent high quality and cost effective use of medicines across the Nottinghamshire Health Community.
The core functions of the Area Prescribing Committee are:-
- Assessment of clinical & cost effectiveness (including affordability) of medicines prescribed at the interface.
- Development & maintenance of a joint formulary.
- Classification of medicines under the traffic light list.
- Development and approval of shared care guidelines.
- Development and approval of prescribing guidelines.
NAPC is an advisory committee to NHS Mansfield and Ashfield Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), NHS Newark and Sherwood CCG, NHS Nottingham City CCG, NHS Nottingham North and East CCG, NHS Nottingham West CCG, NHS Rushcliffe CCG, NHS Bassetlaw CCG (mental health prescribing issues only), Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust, Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, and other providers commissioned to provide NHS services by any of these organisations.
The NAPC is committed to improving engagement with its stakeholders and clinicians.
Please click here if you would like to be consulted as a stakeholder when NAPC undertakes a consultation process for documents.
Please click here if you are a clinician and would like to make a submission to the Nottinghamshire Joint Formulary.
Future Meeting Dates
APC Action Plan
No files exist in folder
- APC work programme May 2020 (153 kb)
- Framework for Managing Medicines across the Nottinghamshire Health Community (654 kb) Review date: March 2021
- APC Terms of Reference (146 kb)
- Prescribing Policy 2018 (295 kb) Review date: March 2021
- Prescribing of medicines by specialists and GPs - Patient information leaflet (1394 kb)